Customs & VAT in Belgium
You would like to know the mission of the customs and excises administration in Belgium and European Union
to contribute to the protection of fiscal, economic and social interests of Belgium and European Union in relation to:
- the movement, manufacturing, processing and holding of goods subject to customs and excises regulations;
- the implementation of other regulations in connection with that main task.
WHICH WE ACHIEVE
- by ensuring that taxes which we are responsible for collecting are properly levied;
- by participating in the implementation of the measures for protecting and promoting the European Union market;
- by ensuring that the regulations are properly applied and by detecting and fighting fraud;
- by giving advices to those who hold positions of responsibility at political, administrative and economic level;
- by performing services on behalf of the public, taking into account their legitimate interests.
WE BELIEVE IN
- the proper, flexible and honest performance of our tasks ;
- an active cooperation with our partners;
- a constructive attitude towards change.