Home / Arriving/Leaving / Vehicles
065 44 4638
Mon – Thu : 0845 – 1700
Fri : 0845 - 1300
You must register all vehicles used or located in Belgium within 3 months of the vehicle being imported in Belgium, or procurement in Belgium. It is also mandatory to de-register any vehicle upon your permanent departure from SHAPE.
The registration can be requested for a maximum period of 3 (three) years starting at the end of the month of the registration date.
For de-registration book an appointment at the “Fast Line”, not at “Vehicle” line.
- Vehicle is older than 4 years
- When selling a car (CT will be valid for two months)
- Transfer of Ownership
- Trailers (>750 Kg) and caravans must pass CT after their first registration in Belgium
- Original registration document
- Certificate of conformity
- Previous CT Attestation
- Insurance Card
Where? (Always By Appointment)
- https://www.autosecurite.be/en (Website for Wallonia)
- https://www.autosecurite.be/en/location_stations/station-de-maisieres-61/ (Specific page for the MAISIERES station, closest to SHAPE)
- http://www.securiteautomobile.be/controle-technique/rendez-vous-controle-technique (Website for Brussels, only available in French and Dutch)
- https://gocavlaanderen.be/detail-page/keuringscentra (Website for Flanders, only available in Dutch)
- https://www.autokeuringinfo.be/overzicht-keuringen/ (Website for Flanders, only available in Dutch)
Remark: Yon can choose the station of your choice, not necessarily the one closest to your home or work place.
You will receive your new vehicle licence plate normally ten days after the application has been processed. The rear plate, registration fee and administration cost is 35€ and must be paid only in cash the day of the initial application.
(52 cm x 11 cm) (20.47 in x 4.33 in) Front plate: 10€ Total cost for both plates 45€
(34 cm x 21 cm) (13.38 in x 8.26 in) Front plate 20€ Total cost for both plates 55€
(27 cm x 16 cm) (10.62 in x 6.29 in) Front plate 20€ Total cost for both plates 55€. For this plate you need an exemption, stamped and signed by the Controle Technique (CT) office on the pink form Demande D’immatriculation d'un vehicle in box X10. This is because this type of plate is normally for a motorcycle.
For any questions or remarks on your invoice, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the following number: +32 (0)81 330 301
Attn: Office of Communication & Community Affairs
These cookies are required as a minimum for the website to function properly.
These cookies collect - completely anonymously - data about the use of the website in order to provide visitors with an even better user experience.
Ensure optimal interaction with social media such as Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo or Instagram.